The men of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Nu Upsilon Sigma Chapter joined Calvin D Johnson with State Farm Insurance agency to host its sixth annual Sleep-Out for the Homeless event to raise funds and collect items for those in need.
The event ended Sunday afternoon, but each year the organization sleeps outside for three days and collects items for local folks in need.
Johnson, organizer of Sleep-Out for the Homeless, stated, “We collected socks, coats, blankets, you name it, if you need it for staying warm outside, the public has been very, very good to us. That bus is stuffed.”
If you couldn’t donate this weekend, you can drop items at Johnson’s State Farm office on East Jefferson Boulevard.
Calvin Johnson added, “Drop it off here my office, Calvin Johnson State Farm Insurance. Remember, we prefer new, but gently used is ok. And then we will get that to the proper place where it belongs.”
LIST OF NEEDED ITEMS BELOW:
- New and gently used coats
- New and gently used winter clothes
- New Thermal socks and underwear
- New and gently used hooded sweatshirts and sweatpants
- New and gently used winter accessories: gloves, hats, scarves, boots in various sizes (men’s and women’s)
- Toiletries: lotion, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, etc.
You can also make cash donations in-person at Johnson’s office or electronically via Cash App at: $Donations1914