The UConn Interfraternity Council consists of 13 amazing fraternities who all strive for achievement in different areas of life. We are proud to announce that, in the past year, we have achieved remarkable success in all areas of involvement. Below are the following accomplishments of the IFC.
- Created scholarships for diversity, community service, academic excellence, with many more scholarships on the way as the semester progresses.
- Created a petition with the help of OFSL in order to bring about a course that will educate UConn students on the systemic injustices experienced by BIPOC. Currently, the university administration has listened to our petition and has made the course a reality.
- Created and was a huge contributor to fundraisers aiming at providing relief and support for BIPOC.
- Created and was a huge contributor to fundraisers for organizations that aim to fight against sexual violence.
- The Interfraternity Council has exceeded recruited expectations given the circumstances of the pandemic with having 247 men signed up for recruitment. This number has surpassed the numbers from the last few semesters. Huge shout out to Benjamin Carlson for setting this up.
- Social media presence has gone up tremendously, increasiung from 150 followers back in January to over 2,200 followers, making it one of the most followed UConn-based feeds on Instagram.
The 13 fraternities at the University of Connecticut were one of the biggest contributors to the campuswide philanthropic event known as HuskyTHON, and the efforts are still going strong.
Many fraternities have created fundraisers to combat the COVID-19 pandemic and aid people in need. Many fraternities have continued their signature philanthropies and other philanthropic efforts despite being hindered by the pandemic.
The All0Fraternity Average GPA for the Spring 2020 semester out of 1,003 fraternity men was 3.632, which is higher than the UConn men’s average GPA.
IFC has made its way into The Undergraduate Student Government by securing a Vice President-Elect.
When you join an IFC fraternity, you have made a decision of a lifetime. You have made the decision to commit to academic, philanthropic, social and leadership excellence.